Jump To The Lectionary Index

Jump To This Week's Lectionary Blog!

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Bush vs Kerry - final debate

Well, I just enjoyed a wonderful evening hosted by the wonderful people of AM1280 the Patriot, the Fund Police, and the Hilton hotel. It was a fantastic environment, where one could get instant partisan feedback! Introduced myself to the Captain, whose blog inspired me to strat this blog... so far it's been a load of fun

Bush tonight came out fighting, using his best weapons. Humor, charm and personality. Tonight for the most part he showed charisma. He also spoke intelligently, and used simple language. His cadence was faster, especially up from the first debate, and only let it slip occasionally into a halting, cringeful, pausing, style that marked his first debate.

Kerry was defensive, droning and boring. His answers were not simple, and he tried to weave himself around the questions, and it left me looking for another drink, or wandering off to the Patriot merchandise stand... He wore that scowl also... it was like Bush loaned it to Kerry after the first debate!

One thing I noted tonight, was who Kerry uses the word 'respect'. Whenever he wants to put himself into an opposing point of view, he will say, "I respect you...", or "I respect your views...", he really struggled at these points. I didn't like it, because it did not sound sincere.

Classic Quotes:
Bush:
He talks about PAY-GO. I'll tell you what PAY-GO means, when you're a senator from Massachusetts, when you're a colleague of Ted Kennedy, pay go means: You pay, and he goes ahead and spends
A quip and the whole Kerry argument is blown up in smoke, with humor. That what killed Kerry tonight.

It's your money. The way my opponent talks, he said, "We're going to spend the government's money." No, we're spending your money. And when you have more money in your pocket, you're able to better afford things you want
Simple and articulate. People relate well to the simple message. Bush articulated laymen's economics, Kerry didn't.

But as we respect someone's rights, and as we profess tolerance, we shouldn't change -- or have to change -- our basic views on the sanctity of marriage
This resonates with me, and I believe with a whole lot of other people.

Take, for example, the ban on partial birth abortion. It's a brutal practice. People from both political parties came together in the halls of Congress and voted overwhelmingly to ban that practice. It made a lot of sense. My opponent, in that he's out of the mainstream, voted against that law.
I liked this quote because here Bush was painting Kerry as far left... bipartisanship, and Kerry is to the left!

Now, it's very important for our citizens to also know that I don't believe we ought to have amnesty.
I had wanted a question on the illegal immigrant issue in these debates, and finally it came! I still am not sure about the whole worker card idea, maybe it will help the economy, and allow some tracking of people, would it encourage a greater influx of people, probably. I was glad he clarified his position on the amnesty for illegals... it would make me extremely angry, after the process it has taken me to enter this country (and I am married to an American, from a friendly nation), the lawyer fees I am paying to make sure the 500 million forms I've had to fill out were done properly, to hear that illegal immigrants could apply for residency, or worse citizenship. For those of you who don't know the backlog of paperwork, in the INS is huge... we are talking a couple of years almost of waiting, for clearance.

Once a health-care program ends up in a line item in the federal government budget, it leads to more controls.
This makes sense to people, simple and clear.

Kerry: I have never suggested a test where we turn over our security to any nation.
Kerry's best line of the night! The earth shook with all the raucous laughter around the country!

the king of the Hill

Search or read the Bible


Example: John 1 or love one another (ESV)

Which would be more important for this site?!
A new skin.
Better information.
Improved navigation.
Seperation of subject matter.
Other... please email
Current results
www.reverendfun.com

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares

Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Blogroll Me!

ReadYourBible.com WebVerse!